Says Laura Chasin Rockefeller (the 3rd generation):
"It's hard to get rid of the money in a way that does more good than harm.
One of the ways is to subsidize people who are trying
to change the system and get rid of people like us."
"Foundations of Betrayal:
the Liberal Super Rich Undermine America" by Phil
See also "Roseanne, the Red Queen"
It is historically unprecedented: never before the ruling and richest elites in the entire Western world as though voluntarily and readily conceded their power and wealth in pandemic insane obsession and concerns about the "poor" and low class. It is much more than "lack of civilizational confidence" or a "liberal fear of being envied" (Jack Wheeler), which both are only symptoms of a bigger and even more puzzling historical trend.
This global liberal brain melting began a couple of centuries ago. Before the 1800s it was generally presumed that the highest classes are objectively better than the lower, thus fully deserving their wealth, privileges, and power (inherited or acquired). At that, the lower classes were low mostly because of their objectively limited knowledge, skills et cetera, while the wealth is limited anyway so that it can not suffice for everybody. Some in the low class were unjustly disadvantaged indeed, but that did not change the general presumption of an objective inequality as something proper to the human condition.
Such thinking was absolutely prevaling among the upper classees, which had no prongs about their priviledged situation – with just rarest exceptions, such a the Count Michael Vorontsov of Russia (1782-1856), who said "The rich and powerful must live in such a way, that the others pardon them their wealth and power". Perhaps it was the only case when a person of his posture was even concerned about his own priviliged situation seeking justification for it (and Count Vorontsov was really an examplary citizen which dedicated his entire life for doing good for the nation and the people).
Since then unprecedented in the human history events began to happen (to name a few):
1) European monarchies voluntarily reduced their power from near the absolute to zero, turning themselves into puppet figures (those who were lucky to survive not being executed).
2) In the 1920s American Congress changed the existing laws and granted voting rights to all US citizens disregarding their property status. By granting the right to vote to those, who do not want or cannot make their living, the ruling class willingly placed our country under pressure of the poor seeking only more and more entitlements.
3) The same ruling elite willingly taxed themselves (or rather the top middle class) progressively (i.e. unevenly, higher than others!): above 50% (in Eurabia even higher), thus willingly robbing themselves in favor of the lower classes (never mind the constitutional principle of equal treatment).
4) Eurabia and America in the 1960s completely abandoned the unshakable axiom that the aspiring immigrants must match the racial, cultural, and religious identity of the hosts (plus other limitations).
5) There exist too many very visible and extremely wealthy individuals, who publicly support causes and invest money with the goal of destroying the the free market and free competition system in America – George Soros being the most notorious of them. A few other "new riches", financial or technological geniuses are either explicit America's haters (like the former Soviet citizen Brin, the founder of Google), or supporters of utopian projects including a World Government and removal of national boarders (Bill Gates). Some of those riches and the political elites of the West are members of the Bilderberg club and few other organizations, promoting the so called One World (Socialist) order.
The D. Horowitz's brochure "From shadow party to shadow government" showed that the enormous work of the Lefts/Progressives to undermine the very foundation of the Unite States has been taking place for many decades: The work financed in a tune of billions. (KGB could never even dream to have it so good, so deep, and so overwhelming).
6) In the same time no one, literally not one person of the comparably high financial caliber is visible (or even exists) on the conservative side of the political spectrum: not one person of the Sorol caliber but with the views opposite to those of Soros. There is not one project (except the Judeo-Christian America) on the conservative side attempting at least to identify and name this enormous subversive activity of the Lefts, Progressives and Liberasts, never mind to confront and stop it!
Not only is this total lack of the rich and powerful on the conservative side embarrassing, but it also totally undermines the freedom of expression. Why? Because the freedom of expression is never really "free", always depending on support of those who have means. Thus the uniformity in minds of the rich and powerful translates into the uniformity of the media and into the totalitarian state in general. Such a lack of the rich and powerful which neither wish nor dare to utter a word against the low life agitators alone spells the doom of the West and a defeat of the liberty. However the degeneration affected not only the class of rich and powerful. It affected also the middle class – the foundation of America and the Free world.
The middle class self-enslaved itself with its unbridled desire of the "sweet life" now by means of making massive debts. It's because of those debts (and the wish of sweet life now) a fear to lose a job acts as efficiently as the KGB and GULAG. The contemporary middle class desperately needs well paid jobs. But who are the job givers? Who are the employers? – The above mentioned uniformly liberast businesses a la Soros! As a consequence the liberast uniformity of minds has intimidated into submission also the middle class.
7) Paradoxically, the One World Order crowed (atheists and socialist by its very nature) somehow embraces Islam. Not only does the West ignore the strategic danger of Islam empowered by the petrodollars in 20th century. The West under these elites had widely opened the door for Islam, turning the home polices of every Western nation into a grotesque dhimmitude.
8) On the other hand, by pushing the sham of the nonexistent "Global warming" and various "cap and trade" scheme, the One World Order ideologues attempt to redistribute and spread the wealth of the West to backward corners of the world.
This suicidal trend is more fundamental than decadent soul searching, liberal complex of guilt, and similar. It seems as though no amount of truth per se can influence the direction of this social trend, evolving as though something unrelated to intelligence. After all, clear minded people 1, 2 described and warned about the Progressive/Liberast agenda already in the 1950s. Attempts to influence it seem as futile as speaking to the tectonic plates (explaining to the plates that they are moving in the wrong direction!)
Does it all exemplify the case when a (suicidal) "idea has possessed the masses becoming a material force" (as Marx/Lenin notoriously put it)? And it is not merely an (immaterial) idea: The most rich and powerful of this world are financing it!
Attempts to confront the dominating paradigm or the global mental infection may seem futile. However to leave it alone avoiding the confrontation at all would mean a suicide without fight right now. Even if the West will not survive, the ideas will, because, rephrasing M. Bulgakov, "Ideas do not burn..."
Alexander Gofen, 2008
Years later after this introduction had been written, I found a few sources revealing the origin of all these puzzling transformations in the modern history. The quote below from "Tragedy and Hope" by Carroll Quigley will give you some clues.
The true explanation of what happened is not yet completely known and, as far as it is known, is too complicated to elucidate here. It is however, clear that many persons who were born in the period 1900-1920 and came to maturity in the period 1928-1940 were so influenced by their experiences of war, depression, and insecurity that they adopted more or less unconsciously, certain aspects of the Communist ideology (such as the economic interpretation of history, the role of a dualist class struggle in human events, or the exploitative interpretation of role of capital in the productive system and of the possessing groups any society).
There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960's, to examine its papers and secret records.
It was this group of people, whose wealth and influence so exceeded their experience and understanding, who provided much of the framework of influence which the Communist sympathizers and fellow travelers took over in the United States in the 1930's.